Can't access web Admin Panel¶
Sometimes you may be unable to access http://192.168.8.1 to login web Admin Panel, there maybe several reasons.
- You computer or mobile phone doesn't connect to the router.
- 192.168.8.1 is the default IP address of the router, you may have changed this IP.
- The cache or extension of browser may cause unaccessable.
- You are using a VPN client which handle your LAN traffic.
- The router is bricked.
Follow the steps to fix this issue.
Or you can use the app to access the router.
Check the connection¶
If connected by ethernet cable, make sure your WAN/LAN port connection is correct. WAN port is connected to an Internet source and LAN port is connected to devices.
If connected by Wi-Fi, make sure the SSID is correct.
Check router's IP address¶
Then follow the steps below to check the router's IP address.
Access Control Panel, please make sure the top right corner is a View by Large icons or Small icons.
Control Panel -> Network and Share Center -> Click the connection. You may have multiple connections, please choose the corresponding connections of the router you want to check.
It will pop up a dialog of the status of the connection. Click the detail button.
It will pop up a dialog of network connection detail, the IP address of router is the IPv4 Default Gateway.
Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change adapter settings
Right click the network -> Status -> Details
The IP address of router is the IPv4 Default Gateway
System Preferences -> Network
In the left column, click on the network connection. For an Ethernet connection, the router IP address will be shown.
For a Wi-Fi connection, click the "Advanced..." button, and then the "TCP/IP" tab on the top of the windows. The router IP address will be shown.
- Settings -> Wi-Fi
- Tap the information icon(blue i, in a circle) of current connected Wi-Fi. The router IP address will be shown.
This will vary from different Android device.
- Settings -> Network & internet
- Tab on Wi-Fi and find the network you are connected to, click on the settings icon to manage its settings
- Tap on the Advanced dropdown. If if offers you options for Static or Dynamic IPs, select Static
- Either way, you should see your router's IP under Gateway.
Access the router's IP address¶
- Make sure you are using Chrome/Edge/Safari, then try to access your IP address again.
- In order to avoid problems caused by the browser cache and extension, please open the incognito window. Then try to access the IP address of router again.
- If you are using a VPN, please turn off then try again.
- If you are using a mobile phone, please turn off the mobile data. Some phones will use mobile data instead of WiFi if the router can't access Internet.
- If above steps failed, try Reset to back to factory default.
- If the reset doesn't work, you can try Debrick via uboot.