Using Uboot to Debrick Your Router
You may have bricked your router if you were doing some DIY projects or flashed a wrong firmware. You may not be able to access your router but you can re-install the firmware by using Uboot failsafe.
Please follow the procedures below to access the Uboot Web UI and re-install the firmware.
You can also refer to video tutorial below.
First you have to download firmware to your computer. You can download the firmware here. Some models, such as GL-AR750S-EXT, it is available in two formats of firmware, please use the firmware with the .img extension.
Connect your computer to the Ethernet port (either LAN or WAN) of the router. You MUST leave the other port unconnected.
Press and hold the Reset button firmly first, and then power on your device. (If your device does not have a power button, plugging it in will power it on automatically.)
If you can not find the reset button, please refer to our page, How to Repair and Reset.
Release your finger when you see the LED has flashed:
The Power LED will light up. Then, other LEDs will start flashing.
- 6 times for GL-MiFi, and then the LTE light will faintly flash twice.
- 5 times for GL-AR150, GL-AR300M, GL-USB150, GL-AR750, GL-AR750S-EXT (Slate), GL-X750 (Spitz), GL-MT300N-V2, GL-E750 (Mudi), microuter-N300.
- 4 times for GL-S1300, GL-B1300.
The left most LED may stay on the whole time while the rightmost LED flashes 4 times, then the middle LED turns on and stays on.(For some old GL-B1300, the left most LED stays on the whole time, and both the middle LED and the rightmost LED flash 5 times at the same time then they stay on.)
- 3 times for GL-MT300N, GL-MT300A.
- For GL-SF1200, the 5G LED flashes 5 times then stays on.
- For GL-AX1800(Flint), the blue light flashes 5 times then turns white and stay on.
- For GL-XE300(Puli), the LAN light falshes 5 times then WIFI light stay on.
- For GL-X300B(Collie), the WAN light flashes 5 times then WIFI light stay on.
- For GL-SFT1200(Opal), the blue light flashes 5 times then turns white and stay on.
- For GL-AP1300(Cirrus), the power light falshes 5 times then stay on.
- For GL-MT1300(Beryl), the LED is blue at first, flash twice slowly, then light 5 times a bit quick and turn to white and stay on.
- For GL-B2200(Velica), the two LEDs are blue at first, then turn white to flash 5 times, then turn blue and stay on.
- No repeat LED flashes signal for GL-MV1000. (Power and WAN LEDs will stay on the whole time.)
Set your computer’s IP address to 192.168.1.2. Please check the step-by-step guide for different operating systems below:
Windows 7 / Windows 10
- Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change adapter settings.
- Right click Local Area Connection -> Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties.
- Set the IP adress to 192.168.1.2 manually.
- Go to System Preferences -> Network.
- Chooose Ethernet -> Advanced -> TCP/IP.
- In Configure IPv4, choose Manually.
- Set the IPv4 Address to 192.168.1.2 manually.
Use Firefox or Chrome to visit http://192.168.1.1.
Click Choose File to find the firmware file. Then click Update firmware.
Wait for around 3 minutes. Don’t power off your device when updating. The router is ready when both power and Wi-Fi LED are on or you can find its SSID on your device.
Revert the IP setting you did in step 6 and connect your device to the LAN or Wi-Fi of the router. You will be able to access the router via 192.168.8.1 again.